If you’re not sure whether an osteopath is right for you, then our last blog sets out the circumstances when we can help. But if you’d like to know a little more about what an osteopath actually does and how it is that we at Mid Sussex Osteopaths can make such a difference to you and your symptoms, here’s the low down:
- Very often the cause of a problem and any aggravating factors aren’t obvious and the chances are, you’ve struggled to get an accurate diagnosis. A good osteopath will take the trouble to take a full history and do a thorough, hands on examination and that means they’ll be able to give you a clear diagnosis based on all the facts.
- It goes without saying that until you’ve got an accurate diagnosis, the chances are any treatment you’ve had is likely to have been hit and miss. But once we’ve identified the problem and you’ve got a clear diagnosis, it’s possible to give you a clear and easy to understand treatment plan which makes sure you get fast and effective relief.And because you’ll know not just what the cause is but also what any aggravating factors are, you can start making the necessary changes to your lifestyle to speed up your recovery. So no more going round the houses and never getting any better.
- An experienced osteopath will also give you comprehensive advice about self-help and management including the use of medication and other more natural ways of relieving pain. Pain killers have their place but there are lots of other things you can do whether that’s using heat or ice, trying certain exercises or changing how you sit at work. These small steps speed up recovery and put you back in the driving seat.
- There is nothing more frustrating than waiting months for an appointment. But with Mid Sussex Osteopaths, you’ll get an appointment within a day or two and can always choose to see the same osteopath. That means you can be confident that we know you and your history and can accurately monitor your progress.
- If for some reason it becomes apparent that you need to be referred elsewhere, we can discuss your options with you, including whether you need further tests or to see a consultant and the different professionals, both within and outside the NHS, who it might be appropriate for you to see.
Sound like a breath of fresh air? You really don’t have to live with pain or with all the frustration and confusion of being passed from pillar to post and never getting any answers. In fact, the solution to your nagging pain may be only a phone call away.